Before you install any GCam on your phone, you may like to see what kind of images people have captured on their Android smartphones. This is a popular build of the camera app that is widely used and loved by many people. You should definitely try using Google Camera once if you own a cheap smartphone that’s the camera is crap or if you’re not happy with any of your smartphone’s cameras. You will then be able to take better photos with your phone’s camera than before. One that was taken and sent directly from your own smartphone, of course! Manufacturer POCO X3 128GB
7) No updates from the manufacturer – Even though you have control on your mobile after flashing a customized OS, some apps refuse to run on phones with a custom ROM loaded. It comprises payment apps, games, customization tools, personal data, and money-making apps, among other things. The bootloader is a piece of software that runs every time you switch on your Android phone, and it is usually locked by the manufacturers. Instructions for unlocking your bootloader are found within the instructions for rooting your device. Firmware is held in non-volatile memory devices such as ROM, EPROM, EEPROM, and flash memory.
Make sure that there should not be any prior version of GCAM – GOOGLE CAMERA APK v8.8 LATEST 2023 Download apk already installed on your phone. It is only compatible with a limited number of devices and may not work properly on all of them.
- Also, on some ROMs, you may have to flash a GApps package such as OpenGapps (website) or NikGApps (website).
- CrDroid has been around for some time and it has gained huge popularity among stock Android enthusiasts.
- Since results may vary from phone to phone and also depends on personal taste, you should do your own tests to see if it’s worth using this or not.
- So, if you’ve link download just bought an Android device and done nothing to it, it is likely not rooted.
- Such is the case with the Nokia X30, which is definitely among the best phones with near-stock Android.
You can use microG, an open-source re-implementation of Google’s proprietary libraries. Simply install microG’s Service Core app and GCam will work. GCam requires Google Play Services to run, meaning that it will crash if you try to run it on a phone without GApps. To use GCam, you can’t go fully “google free” (GCam itself is a Google product).
- You can change the 0 to any other number or leave it as it is (ROM_0).
- A custom ROM, on the other hand, helps keep your device alive and updated with the latest version of Android.
- Google’s stock lib is included and used by default, meaning that the app will work if you don’t download libs or if in the future this feature is discontinued.
- Do note that there are a few programs that use what is essentially stock Android without using that terminology.
Let me tell you that what actually we call it NAndroid ROM Backup. Taking backup of Stock Android Operating System from the phone’s NAND memory and to save it into a storage known as NANDROID BACKUP. Launch MTKDroidtool.exe in Step 2 and connect your phone.